Firemen are hot.

And I can say that without feeling any sort of guilt because my husband is about to be one!! Trevor GOT THE JOB with the fire department! We are absolutely thrilled. They randomly called him at 10 o’clock one night while we were on vacation. Trevor came inside from playing bocce ball on the beach to excitedly tell me all about it. He had to go find a Kinkos so he could print out his paperwork and fax it in to make things official. His training starts on June 13. The training program is 12 weeks long and runs Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 5pm. Once he’s finished with that, he’ll get a raise and get assigned to a fire station. His schedule will be 24 hours on and 48 hours off. This will work out wonderfully because Knox will be able to spend a few days a week with his Daddy so his mother can get some work accomplished!

I am so incredibly proud of my husband. This job journey has been a long one for him (like five years, long), and I am so, so thrilled to see him finally get where he wants to be long-term. It really felt like things were dragging along horribly slowly for him, and we just couldn’t figure out why. He’s such a hard working, dedicated person, but nothing ever seemed to pan out like it was supposed to into a long-term career. God obviously had bigger plans for Trevor than we understood, hence the waiting until this job came along.

I know he is looking so forward to starting this new chapter, and even though I will be, without a doubt, worrying about him a LOT more, now, I am looking forward to it, too.

Thank you for all the prayers you sent our way, we truly appreciate it!

17 thoughts on “Firemen are hot.

1. Lindsi

Congrats on the news! :) My husband is a fireman here in Oklahoma–working 24 on and 48 off. You will LOVE LOVE LOVE his new career! It’s a wonderful job for a family! We are so blessed by the other families at his firestation, I’ll pray that God prepares the same fire “family” for y’all!

2. Michelle

Wow, congrats! Firemen ARE hot! I don’t comment often, but I’m a big fan of your blog and have been meaning to tell you. I have a 20 month old son, and we are also actively TTC for #2 (after a miscarriage at 14 weeks in February). I’m happy for your hubby and your adorable little family!! :)

3. Rebecca

Such great news! Your husband being in a career that he loves is crucial to the happiness of your family! Such a blessing!

4. Tam

Wow! Congrats to Trevor!! Seriously – firemen ARE hot… and nice. What’s up with that? We live across the street from a fire station and the guys over there are so nice to Owen. What a wonderful accomplishment, he should be very proud.

5. Ginnie

Congrats to Trevor! I know you are all excited. Also, how cool is it that Knox can now tell his friends in school that his dad is a fireman.

6. Allyce

This is so exciting for your family if it’s what you have been waiting for. What an accomplishment for your husband!

7. Wifey

Oh that is so exciting!!! The new aspect is scary and the job details bring worry but God will protect him. Congrats, congrats, congrats!!

8. M

Fantastic news for your family!! My husbands father, uncle, and brother are all firefighters in DC and having a firefighter as a father actually attributed to my husband being a much better father and partner, in my opinion. In DC you work 24 hours and then get 3 days off, so my father-in-law spent a ton of extra time with his boys (3 of them) and did most of the cooking (my mother-in-law also works full time as a paralegal) and most of the house work while the boys were at school. So my hubby grew up seeing his father taking care of much of the house work, so when we moved in together he naturally understood that as an equal partner he was also expected to do these things. My hubby also loves to cook (at the firehouses here each guy is on a rotating schedule for making meals for the entire squad) and I credit his dad for that too. Plus we have so many cute pictures of our son in his uncles helmet and boots, it’s adorable. Best of Luck to him it’s a hard but rewarding job!

How amazing that his father set such a great example for him! We are definitely looking forward to him having so many “off” days so he can spend even more time with Knox and I.