Even though I don’t have much to do, blogging hasn’t been happening as often as you’d think it would be. Namely, because I have nothing to write about! When you do nothing all day, you generate not much in the way of exciting blog fodder. Oh well, I think I have enough random snip-its to compose a post today!
- I went to the doctor yesterday, and I’m still at 3cm and 80% effaced, but Brody’s head is now engaged and at -3 station. My doctor is not overly concerned with this, at this stage in the pregnancy, so we’re keeping with the same plan. Originally, she said we’d discuss release from bed rest at 35 weeks (which is what happened with Knox), but I guess she changed her mind because she wants me to stay on moderate rest until 36 weeks. I’ll go off the shots and the meds then, as well. So, just one more week and one day left! Thank goodness!
- We met Knox’s speech therapist last week, and we LOVED her! She will be coming over this Tuesday with the interventionist to set goals for Knox and what we want to accomplish in therapy. I’m looking so forward to getting started with it!
- Knox has been making some more progress with talking, which is very exciting. He’s started to say much more randomly and in passing without being prompted. His interventionist has been trying to get him to sign “more” and we’ve been doing the same. It’s hilarious because we’ll sign first, and ask him “can you say “more?” Instead of signing himself, he’ll grab our hands and make US do the sign! Can you say STUBBORN??! Of course, today, the interventionist wouldn’t give him the toy he wanted until he signed or said “more,” and she said “Say MMM, MMM, more” and he looked at her and yelled “Mmmoh!” He was so angry, but he got his toy!
- Brody’s room is so close to being finished! The big “B” for his wall came in yesterday, so as soon as that gets hung… pictures will be coming! Yay!
- I cannot wait to clean my house. How sad is it that I’m looking forward to cleaning? Seriously, though, the nesting urge is in full-swing and sitting here instead of scrubbing something is maddening!
- Tomorrow morning, the girls in my Sunday school class are throwing a “baby brunch” for me and another one of the ladies in class (we’re due two days apart with our second babies). I’m excited to get out of the house for a little while and socialize (even if I have to do it while sitting!). It’s a good way to celebrate hitting 35 weeks Saturday!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the custom pet portrait giveaway through Sunday!
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.