Color Scheming

This week, the house is being painted. So far, they’ve primed everything and painted the ceilings. I cannot wait to see color on these walls!! I spent a good, long while choosing the perfect color scheme for us, and this time around, I chose to do a bit more of a neutral palette than in our last house. When I say “neutral” I really just mean lighter colors, and I made sure everything flowed really well together. I couldn’t stand not doing at least one bold color, so I did that in our half bathroom. I LOVE color, and I plan on bringing in lots of it through accessories like pillows and curtains. Here is our whole house color scheme:

whole house scheme

One thing I learned from our last house is that light colored walls do not work for my messy children’s rooms!! We are going a bit darker with the Sherwin Williams “Moody Blue” in there in hopes that you won’t see every single smudge they create. I’ll be back later this week (no really, I will) with some update pictures and design boards for a few rooms in the house. Have a great Wednesday!

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

7 Comments

• Reply Elizabeth

LOVE the color you choose! I’m excited to see pictures!

April 9, 2014 at 8:14 pm
  • Reply Courtney

So pretty! Our main color throughout is revere pewter, and we love it! So neutral and clean. We have a color similar to palladian blue (it’s silvermist) in our coffered ceilings to contrast with the revere pewter and it’s beautiful! We did our dining in a deeper gray as well, and i love the modern yet elegant look to it. What are you doing for your exterior? Aren’t you doing a hardie plank, or maybe I’m mistaken. I love looking at exterior paint choices with trim 🙂 I had no idea that you could select any brand of paint and have it matched at another store until we built–so cool. Even though we bought all of our paint from Sherwin Williams, they matched the BM revere pewter. We were going to wallpaper our bathrooms, until we found out much it was going to cost–astronomical!

April 10, 2014 at 9:41 am
    • Reply Jessica

Thanks, Courtney! Yes, we’re doing hardiplank, and our exterior color is called “Bayou Shade” by Valspar- it’s green, but has a beige-y undertone to it. Our trim is white, then our front door is a walnut stain. We are all Sherwin Williams paint, too, I am so glad they color match!! I fell in love with Palladian Blue and Revere Pewter, and the “close” colors I found weren’t the same, so that’s a great thing!!

April 10, 2014 at 9:47 am
      • Reply Courtney

Love it! And you will love the walnut stain! It’s so classic. We did a thermatru front door and we were shocked at how much it looks like a real wood door. Same look but no maintenance on it. Have you picked out your kitchen cabinets yet? The design part was so much fun, and then seeing it on moving day was awesome. What are you doing for flooring?

April 10, 2014 at 10:25 am
        • Reply Jessica

We got a Thermatru door, too! How funny! I was so surprised those could be stained, ours came in a natural color and the painter is staining it for us. Yes, our kitchen cabinets will be white and they actually came in today. For flooring, we’re doing a walnut colored laminate or LVT (luxury vinyl tile). Haven’t decided yet!

April 10, 2014 at 10:47 am
  • Reply becca

Good picks! Our master bedroom is revere pewter, and it’s such a calm, relaxing colour. My daughter’s bedroom is palladian blue, but it’s so versatile. You’ll love it!

April 10, 2014 at 8:53 pm